My staff and I want to welcome you to our orthodontic practice in San Jose. This information will help you become familiar with the procedures that are typical of orthodontic treatment in our office. You can expect this first appointment to take 45 minutes or more. Here is what you can also expect on your first visit:
- An orientation tour of our office to learn about our procedures and meet staff members who will be assisting you during treatment.
- A private conference with Dr. Jow and the treatment coordinator to review your dental and medical history.
- Computer-generated pictures will be made (at no additional charge) that will be helpful in determining if you are a candidate for treatment.
- A thorough visual examination.
- The opportunity to discuss your goal and concerns about orthodontic treatment.
If treatment is indicated and should you desire, records will be taken to clarify the proposed treatment, its timing and cost. Records which may be required, include:
- Diagnostic study model impressions
- A panoramic x-ray or full mouth series of x-rays
- A lateral head x-ray
Note: There is an additional fee for the records taken in our office.
Usually a few weeks after the additional records are gathered, a consultation appointment will be scheduled to discuss the following details of treatment:
- The diagnosis derived from the measurement of the study models, x-rays and photographs.
- The treatment plan and expected results
- The length of treatment and the exact fee.
- Financial arrangements and insurance coverage (if applicable).
- Monday: 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m.
- Tuesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 7:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Friday: Closed
It is our hope that you find the above information helpful.
Rick W. Jow, D.D.S., M.S.